THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Exclusive Conversation with Vanessa Leinani

My Conversation with 180 Film Co Star Vanessa Leinani
Hey everyone! Recently I had the chance to do a cyber conversation with 180 Film co star Vanessa Leinani She is a truly down to earth and cool person. I would like to present our conversation and also would like to introduce Vanessa to my blog readers . Thank you sooo much Vanessa for approving this chat and for believing in my abilities. You rock!


Vanessa Leinani



BP: Thanks Vanessa, how did you get your start? Do you prefer stage or film as your vehicle?



VL: I started at 2 yrs. old. My father started a theater, so I got included into the theatrical productions at an early age and got to work in all different aspects of the theater. I continued on in music and theater while I was growing up, later working in a repertory theater. The frustrating thing with theater is that you could never quite gain the visibility for your performing like you can with film.

For instance, if I do one film, that film can be seen all over the world by a very large amount of people, whereas on stage, whatever you do for that run is only seen by the people who actually came in person to attend. Also, in film you learn your lines, you come in, do the job, and you're on to the next project. Additionally, you can be doing simultaneous projects.

Depending on which theater you're with, it can be more demanding on your time as far as rehearsals go, and then you have a run of a show. Film provides the opportunities for royalties via DVD distribution, broadcasting, etc. Theater is something that I love, it's a great experience, but from a business perspective, film offers a greater possibility of profit as well as an efficient use of time in that my time isn't as committed to one project, so, I can do more. Of course, that all depends on if someone chooses me to be on their project, but at least, the opportunity is there.

So, that's how I got drawn into film.



180 Coach Wade Vanessa Leinani


BP: How did you hear about 180? Was it through the Fan Page, online or by word of mouth?


VL: 180-first by word of mouth, then I saw the poster and followed the 180 facebook fan page for info.

BP: I have heard about Bail Out and it looks like it s gonna be an awesome film. What is it's premise and where was it shot?

Vanessa LeinaniVL: Bail Out: A New York City detective, Jimmy O’Neill, finds solace, excitement and a new career in Fort Worth, Texas. Leaving the NYPD because he had a run in with the mob and his dept. Turns out the mobster was also a NYC councilman. He recruits his NYPD partner, Marty, and together they bring their New York ways to the laid back streets of Cow Town. While in TX, his uncle wants him to take over the family business. A Bail Bonds co. Both Jimmy (played by Dennis O'neill) and his partner Marty (played by Terri Kiser) help out when they become Private Investigators instead. This show is a true life love affair with NY and Ft. Worth, TX

Bail Out has a short film version that should be in film festivals either late summer or fall. In the meantime, we are pitching it to major television networks in hopes of getting it picked up as a regular tv series to be shot in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Many of our talent have been on major tv shows already, such as IN PLAIN SIGHT, PRISON BREAK, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, etc. etc. You might even recognize Terry Kiser, he played the dead guy in WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S and has an extensive film/tv career.


BP: Do you have any other projects in the near future that you are involved with? If so what are they?


Vanessa LeinaniVL: There is a web series I am starring in with Jason Brasier, the writer/director, called DRIFTER: Broken Road. The project has been delayed due to 180 and the fact that we would like to raise more funds for this project. This will be filming in the Springfield, MO area.

I have another film project that was mentioned to me, but since that isn't set in stone, I'll hold off on that.

The Spanish short film called "The Butcher of San Antone" is in post-production status, and will be released later this year or next year. Parts of the short film were used in the music video of the same name "The Butcher of San Antone" by the band Tumbledown.

The feature film called "The Purse" by Chris Owen at Owen Boys Productions is currently on hiatus. Chris encountered some medical problems, but is looking forward to ramping up production in NY again once he feels in good health again.

Hopefully, I'll be able to tell you about more singing and acting projects in the future, until then, those are all the irons I have in the fire. ;



BP: You are very cool Vanessa and will have an amazing career! Thank you for allowing me the time to do this. I definitely will check out the next projects as I think Butcher of San Antone, Bail Out, The Purse and 180 will really be great films! I do believe these films will help you grow further in your craft and will bring you even more juicier roles! Maybe even one of Maria Callas :)

YOU ROCK!!!!

VL: Thank you, Brenda. It is a sincere pleasure to speak with you. You're doing an excellent job, and I thank you many times over for everything you are doing to help us spread the word.


Website: Vanessa Leinani Official Website
Fan page:Official Vanessa Leinani Fan Page on Facebook
Please join! Thanks!!!!


Vanessa Leinani's Official Blog

180 Film Fan Page on Facebook

180 Film

180 Film Fan Page Contest Link For Me
this is a contest link

180 Film on Youtube

180 Film Fan Page on Facebook

Coach Wade's Official Blog


Vanessa Leinani

0 comments: